Submit a Film
As the world of dance, film and dance media evolve to include new innovative forms, so does our festival and our organization evolve to include new venues, new events and new audiences. We are always interested in seeing everything that the dance film world has to offer and encourage you to send us your work. We now take submissions throughout the year.
Our call for submissions includes experimental shorts, documentaries, features as well as site specific installation and interactive dance media works.
Entry fee can be paid with check/money order in US dollars to Dance Camera West and mailed in with your submission, or use a credit card here on the website.
||January 17, 2006 - $50 fee; $40 members
Entry Form (pdf)
PAY ENTRY FEE ONLINE
FESTIVAL ENTRY REGULATIONS
- Preview entries must be NTSC-VHS or DVD. Festival screening formats vary however BETA-NTSC is preferable.
- Preview DVD/VHS along with the Official Entry Form and entry fee should arrive at the DCW office no later than January 17, 2007.
- Entries must never have been shown or broadcast in Los Angeles. University or showcase showings allowed; local cable broadcast allowed.
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR PREVIEW MEDIA RETURNED PLEASE SEND SELF ADDRESSED MAILER WITH RETURN POSTAGE. We are not responsible for returning preview media without a specific request and postage.
- 300 dpi photo jpgs (limit 3) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to name your jpg with the film name and include photo credits (names of the dancers in photo, filmmakers and photographer).
- DCW is given the right to use excerpts from your video, if chosen for the festival, in all DCW promotional materials.
- DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY: Every effort will be made to protect entries while in the Festival's care; however, the Festival and its sponsor do not assume liability for damage or loss to films or videotapes.
Send entry form, fee and VHS/DVD to:
Dance Camera West
3400 San Marino St. #R
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Direct questions to:
Lynette Kessler 213-480-8633