Friday, June 17, 2011 1:00 to 6:00 p.m. (followed by dinner and screenings)
UCLA Department of World Arts and Cultures/Dance
Glorya Kaufman Hall 120
Aimed at the intersection of dance media’s artistic, academic, and commercial pursuits, our innovative panel discussions will bring together artists, dancers, educators, innovators, and creative and business professionals from the television and film industries for robust discussions on the blending of art, technology, and commerce.
- International networking opportunities with prominent dance media professionals
- Discuss best practices for producing work across multiple platforms
- Explore how to reach fragmented audiences by adapting to new modes of presentation
- Learn how to create greater access for new era audiences
- Discover new trends in choreography, film, and dance media
- Enjoy real-time discussions with prominent directors, choreographers, dancers, and educators
- Meet dance, television, and film industry leaders
- Enjoy multiple programs of experimental international short dance films and documentaries with special guests
- Join a global community of cultural innovators
- Refresh and invigorate your creativity
Who should attend?
Whether you are a leading artist, emerging practitioner, creative industry professional, or arts enthusiast, DCW’s special anniversary panel discussion program will change the way you look at and approach transmedia storytelling.
Due to limited seating, the Conference Contributor Membership is highly recommended. Members at this level of giving will receive a guaranteed priority seat all day at the conference, free dinner, and a hosted bar preceding the outdoor screening.
Learn more ›
For all details on attending conference – Membership pass, hotel, transportation,
please go here.