call for submissions closed until fall 2014
SUBMIT YOUR MEDIA FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL DCW DANCE MEDIA FILM FESTIVAL June 6, 7 and 8th 2014
Final Deadline: January 31, 2014
Dance Camera West 13th Annual Dance Media Film Festival welcomes dance media in any dance style or genre. Categories include: screendance, short films, feature length, documentary, animation and interactive dance media. This year’s festival highlights include live site specific dance performances on structures and special programming celebrating dance in animation, as well as the new CalArts Emerging Artist Competition. DCW venues have included The Music Center, REDCAT, The Getty Museum, LACMA, Hammer Museum and Grand Park.
Important Dates for All Submissions:
Final Deadline: January 31, 2014
Festival notifications will be sent via email by March 13th, 2014
Festival takes place June 6, 7 and 8th 2014
Members submit for free. Become a member
Non-members fee, $60
To be considered for the festival, the following are required:
- Completed DCW entry form
- Membership or entry fee
- Link of entry (passwords optional)
- Entries longer than 20 minutes must submit by DVD
CalArts@Dance Camera West Emerging Artists Competition
Dance Camera West, The Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance and the School of Film/Video at California Institute of the Arts are excited to welcome college and high school students to submit dance media for the CalArts@Dance Camera West Emerging Artists Competition. There will be two categories within this competition, high school (grades 9-12) and college students.
WHO CAN SUBMIT
Participants must be registered in high school or in college. We welcome submissions of dance media in any dance style or genre. High school and college students of all ages and academic backgrounds are encouraged to submit. This competition allows students to only compete with other students.
WHY YOU SHOULD SUBMIT
- There are cash and CalArt scholarship prizes for winners.
- Selected films will be screened at the 13th Annual DCW Festival in Los Angeles. Venues to be announced.
- Students are invited to participate in workshops and mentoring panels specifically designed for student filmmakers at the festival.
CalArts @Dance Camera West
Emerging Artists Competition Fee
High School $10
FESTIVAL ENTRY REGULATIONS FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS
1. Entrants must submit an online version of their entry for work under 20 minutes. Passwords are optional.
A Pro Res version of film entries will be requested if entry is invited into the festival.
2. Works over 20 minutes will be accepted by DVD and should be mailed to the following address postmarked by January 31, 2014. Please include a printed copy of your entry form and DO NOT REQUEST signature confirmation by Dance Camera West. When sending media through customs, please designate: “Film for Festival –No commercial value.”
Dance Camera West
2934 1/2 Beverly Glen Circle #292
Los Angeles, CA 90077
3. DCW is given the right to use excerpts from your work in all DCW promotional materials.
4. DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY: Every effort will be made to protect entries while in the Festival's care; however, the Festival and its sponsors do not assume liability for damage or loss to media.
If you have any questions contact us: